B. K. N. Govt. Polytechnic Narnaul
Mechanical Engineering Department
- The Mechanical Engineering Department was established in 1992 in the Institute and runs 3 Years Diploma Program with 120 students intake per year under Directorate of Technical Education, Haryana. This Diploma Program affiliated to Haryana State Board of Technical Education Panchkula and approved by All India Council of Technical Education, New Delhi to cater to the ever challenging needs of technical excellence in all areas of Mechanical Engineering.
- This Department all faculty members are well educated and well talented in all mechanical subject and other activities. This department comprises of well equipped and adequate laboratories & workshops and provides ample opportunities & exposure to the students to work on the projects and allied activities to make them employable and highly skilled. The staff interaction with students give them the confidence to solve real problems in their professional career , help to handle complex and challenging tasks/projects.
- STRENGTHS OF DEPARTMENT:
- Experienced Teaching Faculty.
- Good Academic result.
- Well equipped laboratories.
- 100% Placement.
- Regular Industrial Visit.
- Carrier Prospectus in Mechanical Engineering: Diploma in Mechanical Engineering lays emphasis on manufacturing, Power Plants, Automobile and Design Industries. After completion of 3 years Diploma Programme, Students can work in inspection, Quality Control, Maintenance and Production shops and in Industries, Government and Semi Government Departments.
Emerge as a Premier Department to produce highly skilled mechanical technologists.
- To inculcate excellent Mechanical Engineering knowledge and skills to increase employability and sustainability.
- To provide quality education based on recent Industrial requirements in the field of Mechanical Engineering.
- To undertake skill enhancement training programs for students.
- To impart social and professional ethics.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOs)
- Provide socially responsible, environment friendly solutions to Mechanical Engineering related broad- based problems adopting professional ethics.
- Adopt state- of-the-art Mechanical Engineering broad - based technologies to work in multi-disciplinary work environments.
- Solve broad - based problems individually and as a team member communicating effectively in the world of work.
PROGRAMME SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSOs)
- Modern Software Usage: Use latest Mechanical Engineering related software for design, drafting, manufacturing, maintenance and documentation of mechanical engineering components and processes.
- Equipment and Instruments: Maintain equipments and instruments related to Mechanical Engineering.
- Mechanical Engineering Processes: Manage Mechanical Engineering processes by selecting and scheduling relevant equipments, substrates, quality control techniques and operational parameters.
- LABORATORIES: At presents a total 08 labs has been well developed. There is all type of machine in workshop department.
- IQC LAB
- M & M LAB
- MACHINE LAB
- CAD LAB
- CNC LAB
- HYDRAULICS LAB
- THERMODYNAMICS & AUTOMOBILE LAB
- RAC LAB
- SOM & AM Lab
- SMART CLASS ROOM: Mechanical Department has a well equipped and fully furnished Smart Classroom with latest Digital Teaching Aids.